You can download the initial configuration files here.
To prepare for this lab only turn on one 800K link between R1 and R2, and the link between R4 and R1 for traffic generation. If you want traffic to make it around the lab then configure to your hearts content.
- Use priority list number 4.
- Set smtp and pop3 with a high priority.
- Set ssh and X11 with medium priority.
- Set http, ftp and ntp as low priority.
- Set telnet as normal priority.
- Set the default priority as low.
- Apply the configuration to S0/0.
- Confirm the configuration and debug it.
Here are the protocols for which traffic is generated from our traffic generation configuration file:
for I in `grep dest-port r4-basic-tgn.cfg | cut -d\ -f 3`; do grep [[:space:]]$I/tcp /etc/services; done telnet 23/tcp http 80/tcp ftp 21/tcp ntp 123/tcp pop3 110/tcp smtp 25/tcp ssh 22/tcp x11 6000/tcp jetdirect 9100/tcp
Answer is below:
R1 Configuration for PQ:
priority-list 4 protocol ip high tcp smtp priority-list 4 protocol ip high tcp pop3 priority-list 4 protocol ip medium tcp 22 priority-list 4 protocol ip medium tcp 6000 priority-list 5 protocol ip normal tcp 23 priority-list 5 default low interface Serial0/0 bandwidth 800 ip address 192.168.112.1 255.255.255.0 priority-group 4
Confirm the configuration:
sh int s0/0 sh queueing
Debug the configuration: